Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8th

Well the 2011 track season is officially over! Saturday was the famous Westside Conference track meet which always brings everyone's first sunburn and yesterday's was no exception. I'm glad it was nice and it only took until the last meet of the year to be comfortable weather for a track meet. The boys did well, mostly all got their P.R.'s for the season, but we didn't finish as high as we would have liked in many events. Track coaching is so much different than basketball. There is very little strategy involved with track, so you're never really second guessing yourself after a loss like you would in basketball.

Friday brought a nice end to the very long work week. At work, we were suppose to attend the Renaissance Faire with the students, but, sadly, it got canceled due to a fire in the costume department of the outfit that puts on the Faire. I think it was either one of the competing Renaissance groups sabotaging their fierce rivals, or maybe a little smoking accident. And I dont mean tobacco ;)

Friday night brought amazing weather and a few hours on the patios in the Old Market. I have a feeling this is where I will be spending any hours this summer, along with the pool. Later, I had my first Indian food ever. It was very good at Indian Oven downtown. Pretty pricey, but worth it for the first time. Glad I had a good experience and didnt lose control of my bowels like I thought I might.

Today is Mother's Day! I wish I was spending the day with my mom, but that would require me to fly to Las Vegas which actually sounds like a good idea. My mom, Cece, is a wonderful energetic woman that has always been there for me. Her thoughtful advice and amazing personality has made me into the man I am today. I hope I have made her proud. Love you, Mom.

2 Weeks of school left! Excited for Summer Break

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the conference meet as well and I am sporting a sunburn too! I bet it feels good to have another season behind you. I have enjoyed the meets. The kids did a great job. It was fun to see them outside of the classroom.

    It is nice to have Mother's Day to reflect on what awesome people they are. My mom is quite a gem too and am glad I could spend the afternoon with her today. You'll have to call your mom and share with her all the kind words you put on your blog. She'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirk you are a hoot! You kill me! I think blogging could be a possible great hobby that could turn into a lucrative business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to do this for a living. Help me figure out how I can make a ton of cash by blogging all day ;)

    ReplyDelete