Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer Begins

Summer finally came to me on Thursday May 26th. This blog will act as a running diary of events I have experienced throughout the summer. Included will be pictures and videos from time to time. Enjoy!

May 26- Laid by the pool (1) with my buddies Scott Wissing and Mark Bernier. The temp was only around 60 degrees, but it feels nice when your directly in the sun. We thought it was interesting how girls come to the pool to show off, not get a tan or relax. One girl who will not be mentioned was wearing high heels with her swimsuit.

May 27- Traveled to Minneapolis with Jessica. We left at about 3:00 and got into Minneapolis at about 9:00. Jessica and I always have a great time traveling together. It brings about our relationship and memories, too. We stopped at an interesting place called Trail's Travel Center and it was all Minnesota!

After we checked into the Marriott City Center, we went down stairs, in the rain, and found a fun little bar called Barrio. We ate homemade guacamole and quesadillas for dinner and then had a couple fun drinks called something like a Don Juan Mojito.


May 28- We got up and went to the Mill City Farmers Market. This is an old abandoned General Mills Mill that burned in a fire about 40 years ago. Now it is a museum along the Mississippi River.


The river, by the way, was rushing faster than I have ever seen it. It really made sense that the thing is flooding all the way down to New Orleans.

We ate some fun donut holes with apple inside that were made there, and some Indian pot stickers. We bought some pickled beets and beans to bring home.


After that we met Jessica's friend Cassie and Mark for drinks and lunch at a fun outdoor patio restaurant called Kieran's Irish Pub.


From then, Mark invited us to his brothers house for a lake afternoon that turned into a college type pregame atmosphere. We played drinking games with a bunch of fun guys from Minnesota (think accents). Not really what I envisioned for vacation, but it was fine. We then took a cab to the Twins game, where Jess and I sat in the Legends Club and watched a near no hitter fro the Twins pitcher Swarzak who was filling in for an injured Liriano. The game was a good time and the Twins won. Jess was nice enough to go with me and was a good sport even though I dont think she enjoyed the game like I did. At one point she proclaimed "I think people comes to baseball games to think". I sort of agreed, but that is what makes them unique. I feel anymore people just want non stop action. Times have changed!




That night we went to Uptown Minneapolis. Downtown has gotten run down with the clientele that walk the streets and bars at nights. Uptown was fun with rooftop bars and I found a cool 2 man band at Stella's bar that I enjoyed with friends and by myself.

May 29 - We got up, totally exhausted from the night before, we aren't 23 years old anymore, and headed to the Twins game. Today's game was much different, we rarely sat in our seats and mostly walked around touring the ball park and eating the fun foods at Target Field. I tried the pork chop on a stick!


That night we went to The W Hotel at Foshay Tower for Mark and Cassies engagement party. Mark did a great job surprising Cassie with her friends and family all in attendance. From then we went to a fun relaxing Irish bar called the Local.

May 30- We got up, and went to the Mall of America and shopped a bit, but more importantly ate at our restaurant from Americas Next Great Restaurant winner "Soul Daddy". It was actually better than I expected. Then, we got in the car and drove home. We made it back around 9:00 and had a successful trip.



May 31 - Lay by the pool (2) and continued to read my book by Albert Brooks called "2030: What really happens"

June 1 - Went to the DMV today for about 2 hours getting my car registration renewed for a cool $450. Not sure why that has to cost so much, but it will make me watch my coin until payday. I also got signed up for another week of summer school so that will help with the bills.

1 comment: